One of my biggest lessons this year is finding happiness with less. This has been a year of minimizing and for some it's a difficult transition. How to live a happier life is a goal that I find to be upper most in peoples lives.
What I have found to be true for me is that gratitude plays a huge role in my learning to be happy.
Gratitude for the little things
I have never felt that I needed a lot to make me happy but I can get as caught up as the next person with thinking I have to have this or that. Wow... I even just realized that I can go on binge buying. Now for me that would be at a second hand store, Dollar Store, or grocery shopping but I can see how it was still binge buying.
This is something I am going to have to look into further at a later date because I want to stay on track.
Discovering that I am happy
What has happened for me, this past year, is that I have noticed how much more gratitude I have in my life. How much more appreciation for what I have has brought more happy moments to my present.
Noticing the moments that I feel content and in that noticing I feel happy.
The more grateful I become about what I already have, and I have so much, the more I realize how happy I really am.
My tips on how to be happy
1. I think about what I have to be grateful for.
2. I ask myself if there is anything I need in this moment (most times I don't need anything at all).
3. If I find I am reaching for something that will numb myself out I ask what action do I need to be doing.
4. I Smile - when I smile I feel happy.
5. I play my favorite music and dance around my living room - that makes me very happy.
6. Creating of any kind makes me happy whether it is drawing, crocheting, writing, painting, or making jewelry. I am so very grateful for all of my creating abilities and that spreads joy and happiness throughout my being.
7. Spending time with people I love.
8. Ahhh cooking... creating in the kitchen is an indescribable happiness for me. From the chopping to the aromas to watching my family enjoying the food, makes me very happy.
Learning to be happy
It isn't always about how to find happiness as much as it is about becoming a happier person by seeing all that you have, doing what you love and staying in the present.
I am so grateful for all the happy moments I have had this past year.
May you find your Gratitude and Feel Great Joy and Happiness