|They morphed into my wild woman.|
I love my offline journal and typically take it with me almost everywhere. The thing is I had the same one for a couple of years. It was thick and I didn't write in it every day but I did love writing in it. It is the first journal I started doodling in. It is the journal that freed my inner artist.
|These symbols were channeled in.|
I never really “doodled” all that much in my life because I thought I couldn't draw. I was under the misconception if you couldn't make some spectacularly beautiful piece of art you weren't an artist and should't draw at all. This journal not only gave me permission, nobody else was going to see it, but it also showed me how doodling helped me connect to my higher self and would lead my writing to a deeper place. Because of this I will often write and doodle in my journal no matter how much I write online.
|I love the different personalities of my wild woman.|
Now the problem is that I couldn't find a new journal with both lined and blank pages. Over the last year I have just carried around notebooks to write, journal and make notes in. I hadn't really been doodling all that much except in creating my mandalas, which is different, and I was sorely missing it.
This week I finally made the decision to buy a blank notebook and make it my new journal. I love it. It is an artist flip book that is, I believe, 5x7 which is smaller than my last journal. I am not going to worry about the lines anymore and I will doodle, draw, and journal to my heart's content.
Row80 Check in
This has been a very busy week:
- I am writing with Shan on the writing experiment which is quite fun
- I have the first two books to read for my very first and second Book Reviews for this website
- I have been working on a writing contest that I will be holding starting next week (check out the new web pages above)
- I have increased my wordmongering for the stories I am working on to as many as I can fit in a day increasing my word count to 1500 - 3000 a day
- I am continuing to do my 750words.com
- I did another flash fiction.
- And I did two blog posts