Every year I have told myself that I will do something special for Women's Herstory month and up until now I have let every year go by without anything happening. In the past I wanted to help to facilitate a women's festival and this year I have chosen to celebrate through my blogs instead; basically have a blog festival of celebrations throughout the whole month.
I am going to have a lot of fun celebrating women throughout the month of March on both this blog, on Shadow Rhythms and on Dragonwillow Journeys. The write up for each blog:
A Writer's Universe
Women's Spotlight Herstory Writers
Fantasy Flash Fiction - Wild and Daring Women Stories
Herstories Dancing with Shadow and Creativity
Women's Music Herstory
Sacred Body Herstory
Circle of Herstories
If you are a woman and would like to contribute to one or all of these blogs any of your Women's Herstories in the topics above, email me at email@example.com. Please put the name of the blog in the subject line so that I know which blog it is for. If you would like to suggest other Women's Blogs, Women Writers, Women's Music, or Herstory Healers to be spotlighted on my blogs please email me their information and her special story to be spotlighted.
I hope that all of my men followers understand this isn't to slight them in anyway; it is to honor women and their Herstories. If you have something you are doing to honor women during the month of March, I would love to hear about it and I will share it with others.
Row80 Wrap up for February:
I have learned so much during the month of February and really I have to include the end of January when this all began for me. I went back and looked at my original goals for this journey and was happy that I had stayed on track with most of them. I discovered I could write over 3000 words in one day. I discovered my competitiveness for wordmongering. I discovered many wonderful writing friends. I discovered that I could change my goals, when needed, and have compassion for my journey. I discovered that I can use my need for instant gratification to write Flash Fiction and short stories while I am writing my novel.
Row80 Check in:
- I have accomplished more than 30,000 words for my WIP (I am amazed)
- I did one guest post
- I started the Teen Fantasy Fiction Anthology Writing Contest and found a wonderful organization, Arts Corps, for me to contribute a portion of the sales to.
- I entered one Flash Fiction contest; didn't win but it was a learning experience.
- I wrote two Flash Fiction stories for this blog.
- I am beginning to hear my true voice in my writing.
- WIP word count I am dropping down to 500 a day just for March
- Writing everything in 750words.com to reach a goal of 50,000 words badge
- All of the above for Women's Herstory Month
- Continuing Teen Fantasy Fiction Writing Contest to completion date, 3/20/12
- Continue with #Commenthour and #FlashbackFriday
That about covers it for me. I hope you will join me in celebrating Women's Herstory Month. May you have many wonder-filled and joyous writing adventures during the month of March. Remember... if you are writing, you are a writer.
Check out other Rowers here...