|My Work Station|
|Neela claiming her seat in my Writing Room.|
|My Writing Room/Sanctuary|
I turn on my music, either Pandora or a personal playlist in my Media center.
I dance into and out of anything that is bothering me.
I pull cards to see what messages I need to hear, who wants to work with me for the day, and check to see if any crystals want to hang out with me.
I read, I write, I edit,
Row80 Check In and New Goals for August:
I can't believe July is over. It makes me a little sad. I do feel I achieved quite a lot though probably not as much as I was hoping for. I completed my first draft of my shapeshifter novel using #FastDraft and my almost finished book, Writing to the finish Line. I created this wonderful space for my writing process by taking the room my daughter moved out of and making it my writing sanctuary. I survived the moving out of my daughter and my grand babies. (It took a week or so but I am actually enjoying the extra time to myself now) My partner and I go over to their new apartment once or twice a week to visit and have dinner together as well as they come over here about once week.
- I am editing my Writing to the Finish Line. It is a difficult process, editing. I didn't think it was going to be this crazy making. I have to pull myself to it even though I love when I am finished with a chunk of it for the day, I still can procrastinate.
- I have decided to wait to edit my #FastDraft for a bit longer while I work on Writing to the Finish Line.
- So far so good with my weekly check ins.
- I am adding a new goal for the month of August. I am exploring photography to have all of my own pictures for my blog posts and Social Media posts.
- Another goal I haven't mentioned but have been doing the last few weeks is reading in the genre of which I am writing during my writing and editing of my Shapeshifter Novel. I am going back and forth between Tanya Huff's Blood series and Nora Roberts' Circle Trilogy. Both series I have read before, many times because they are favorites of mine, and I am enjoying them again.
Do you make time to read during your writing process? What genre of books do you enjoy most?
Please visit the other Rowers and give them your support by leaving word love in their comment section.